Jun 9, 2010

"Help us build the future of Facebook" questioner

Link to questioner

I saw that on my Facebook home page and decided that I wanted to participate in this. Normally, I wouldn't want to, but since I got into it, I then decided to make this blog site for myself. Hopefully someone will read and enjoy my opinions. Lets see how long it lasts :). Here are my submitted questions and answers:

Question 1: Why get married at a young age?

Answer 1: It is good to get married at a younger age because marriage promotes happiness. Living your life married to the person whom you love with all of your heart is the best feeling in the world. There is never any loneliness because you have your best friend by your side experiencing life with you. Of course there is the argument that people aren't yet mature until after their mid twenty's, but who is to say that is a fact? People will also say that marriage promotes fighting, with the main reason being money. I like to think of this this way - I have my best friend to help me experience life. There will always be "fighting" or "arguing" when it comes to money, no matter how old you are. On a personal note, I am extremely happier with my loved one next to me in life and I would never go back and do anything different. I think it's good, opposed to bad, to get married at a young age because overall it makes the couples bond stronger and both people are truly happy. You can never overuse "I Love you".

Question 2: Why are people against our Military and/or Law Enforcement?

Answer 2: There are so many people that are so against our Military and/or Law Enforcement. Why? They can say that some abuse their power. However, no matter what it is, there is always a few bad seeds. That still doesn't make any sense to why people scold our country's defense. It frustrates me when I hear people talking bad about our Military or Police officers. Not only did 'We The People' give them the power to the things they are aloud to do, but they continuously risk their lives night and day to protect our lives. People don't really understand what they have to go through to be serving our country. It takes so much more than the average person might believe. I know this, because I am a United States Marine, injured in combat training, now a veteran of the United States. The public dislikes our military and/or Law enforcement mainly because they see a video or article here and there and most people just look at it and convince themselves, including everyone around them, that everyone in the Country's Defense is like that. That is not true. People of America need to learn to respect the men and women of our Military and Law enforcement. Until they start defending our country and our Constitution, they have no right to bash the men and women to do, in my opinion.

Question 3: Why is gaming so underrated in the US?

Answer 3: Gaming is so underrated in the United States because most people over look the idea of playing video games for money, or as a "sport". In Europe, gaming is played for money, sometimes salary. The United States almost had their chance back in 2007 when the Championship Gaming Series(CGS) came to the public and started paying top gamers and top gaming teams in specific games salary and having year based tournaments for a lot of money. It took off for a few years, and then collapsed due to lack of support from 3rd party sponsors. Gaming takes a lot of fast reaction time, patience, teamwork and skill. Being a "retired semi-professional gamer" I have put countless hours into one specific game known as Counter-Strike:Source. I have played for multiple top teams in the most commonly known leagues for online play, and have traveled all over California and competed on LAN play and placed top 3 many times. It is more than just moving your mouse and clicking. You have four other teammates (in this game specifically) and you have to not only agree on one strategy, but you have to manage all 5 of the peoples money system, which is based on kills and rounds won. There are a lot of things that go into gaming that you wouldn't know unless you played competitively. The feeling you get when you do something good and hearing your four other teammates cheer you on is only witnessed by a true gamer themselves. You won't know unless you get into the gaming scene. It's indescribable. So, why is it so underrated? Is it because of the weight problem in America? I think not. I have played for over 6 years.. I am not overweight.. It's the lack of supporters and lack of sponsorships. Gaming should be considered a sport. The sooner the US recognizes that, the sooner we will see a different talent flood the states.

Hope you guys enjoyed my first ever recorded blog post!

1 comment:

Total Pageviews