Jun 17, 2010

Opposites Attract

Morning! Although, for me it is still night time, since I have yet gone to bed.... I was watching Bethanny Getting Married? on Bravo! Which, since I'm sure this mainly read by male viewers... you have no idea what I am talking about. Anyways, she is this New York businesswoman who is known for being on Bravo!'s Real Housewives of NYC. (Addicting show). Now she is has this new show of hers about her being engaged and being pregnant and life. So, today's episode was about how opposite her and her fiance truly are and how hard that is to adjust too but how it really balances things out. For her she never grew up with a lot of family and friends and for her fiance he grew up always doing things with his family and always having a lot of friends around. So, being the girl I am I naturally compared this; to Brandon and I's relationship.

See.. I grew up with a very tight knit family..on both ends. Holiday's were with family, birthday's were with family and than on top of that I was always extremely social and always doing things with friends. and Brandon is the complete opposite. He doesn't do a lot of family things and care about a lot of family things. Which at times worries me, cause I hope it isn't that way when we have our own family and it has been a struggle now, for us to understand each other. Family is a HUGE part of my life and I really believe that no matter what goes on in your life family will always be there for you. Unfortunately, although... Brandon's family loves him.. He wasn't raised that way. So, when family events come along it becomes a struggle.. because for my family and I... we drop whatever is going on to be together and for Brandon it's more if it fits into his schedule. So in out relationship that is a challenge.

However, at the end of the day. We love each other and we try and respect each other differences and let it build our relationship. Our differences in life, really make us a great couple. Anyways. This was just something that was on my mind.. sorry boys for the sappy-ness.

1 comment:

  1. The way I act with my family will not be the way I act with our family. It's completely different.. I can't really explain how, but it is. I love you Kelsey.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews