Jun 14, 2010

"Don't Ask, Don't Tell"

Hello!

This is my first time posting on this blog... Brandon has been bugging me FOREVER about posting on here.. I haven't because I haven't felt I have had anything worthy to say. That is kinda of how I run my other blog.. no deadline of when I need to post a blog.. I just blog when an idea comes to me. Ideas also tend to come to me at night, when I do most of my thinking....

So, tonight I was sitting on my bed/couch and sewing a bag (which is WAY overdue to be done) and I was thinking about people being Gay and coming out of the closest. Many things have sparked this thought... I was talking to someone about KNOWING someone is gay yet, they haven't come out.. and than I was watching Holly's World on E! and this guy was making fun of this other guy for being gay and the guy was gay said " only god can judge you" SO. This got my brain into a frenzy.

1st being... coming out. Have you ever heard or said to someone " god, I'd wished he's come out already!" I think it is interesting how their are some people who no matter how much they try to hide it, you KNOW they are gay. It's the things, they do or say, etc. So, even though we know it and hopefully THEY have already figured it out. I was thinking about how "coming out" is a BIG and personal step for most people and how we as outsiders should NEVER push it. When the time is right they will do it.

So.. after thinking about that it brought me to my 2nd thought of.. "Only God Can Judge You". Which is true. I see nothing wrong with being gay and I refuse to believe that there is anything EVER saying it is wrong. We are all gods creations and I believe as long as we don't seriously HURT anyone, we will be loved and accepted by him. That being said... I am a Republican. Therefore, I am commonly accused of being homophobic, ignorant and all those other horrible things you hear. I support the gay community and most importantly I support gay rights and gay marriage. On a lighter tone.... if someone, is aloud to marry their pets and inanimate objects.. than we should let men marry men and women marry women ... at least keep it in the same species!

Now my thoughts came to the repealing "don't ask, don't tell".. this has kind of been an issue that I had not originally really formed an opinion about and I don't know if I still have... I believe that people who are gay, should be aloud, to join the military and that they should not be kicked out for it.. however, at the same time I still in the literal sense believe in "Don't ask, Don't Tell" and MAINLY I believe in that as protective measure. Just generalizing and not saying that it is right but most military men given their background and upbringing and AGAIN I EMPHASIS.. I'm just generalizing and I'm not saying ALL.. have not been brought up with the acceptance of homosexuality.. So, for their protection... I think it should stay in place.. but changed? I don't know. That is just what I think.

Just in general I believe that they are humans and their deserved the rights that we do. My 2 biggest problems are that there is a separation between church and state and that people do not do that when they are voting on these issues. People use their religion on why someone should not be aloud basic human rights. My 2nd issue is that I truly believe Obama failed the gay community. I am not saying that my side of politics has done anything great for the gay community, but one thing I hoped Obama would have succeeded in, is helping the gay community and he has failed. I hope sometime, in the nearest future. Someone comes along and give them the rights they deserve.

I apologize if their are any spelling or grammar errors, that is the one flaw to my blogging at 1:30 am... my brain cannot fully function.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews