Nov 4, 2010

The Big Question..

Can Men and Women Ever Be JUST Friends?
I am watching When Harry Met Sally, it's my first time ever watching the whole movie and there is a scene where Harry Says That Men and Women can never just be friends..
Harry Burns: What I'm saying is - and this is not a come-on in any way, shape or form - is that men and women can't be friends because the sex part always gets in the way.
Sally Albright: That's not true. I have a number of men friends and there is no sex involved.
Harry Burns: No you don't.
Sally Albright: Yes I do.
Harry Burns: No you don't.
Sally Albright: Yes I do.
Harry Burns: You only think you do.
Sally Albright: You say I'm having sex with these men without my knowledge?
Harry Burns: No, what I'm saying is they all WANT to have sex with you.
Sally Albright: They do not.
Harry Burns: Do too.
Sally Albright: They do not.
Harry Burns: Do too.
Sally Albright: How do you know?
Harry Burns: Because no man can be friends with a woman that he finds attractive. He always wants to have sex with her.
Sally Albright: So, you're saying that a man can be friends with a woman he finds unattractive?
Harry Burns: No. You pretty much want to nail 'em too.
Sally Albright: What if THEY don't want to have sex with YOU?
Harry Burns: Doesn't matter because the sex thing is already out there so the friendship is ultimately doomed and that is the end of the story.

Now, I am only in the beginning stages of the movie.. so this may be the theme of the movie.. but I want YOUR opinion. Can Men and Women Just Be Friends? Now, I believe, we can.. which makes me think maybe women can be friends with men without the sexual attraction.. but maybe guys can just be friends with women.. I personally think we can just be friends.. but it is in interesting debate..

The floor is open for discussion...


Anyone...?

2 comments:

  1. Umm.. I agree with Sally to a degree. I have many women that are just my friends and I don't want to have sex with them. Maybe my opinion is bias because I'm engaged but I think if men are single its hard for them to not want to have sex with their women friends especially if they are attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. all i know is this video reminded me of this site.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6UOT2Wn9DU&feature=related

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews